Tuesday 16 February 2010

Better than expected...


I rolled out of bed this morning, freezing cold and feeling ill. Not the best start to an early morning! I threw on whatever came to hand that was clean, added some extra layers to fend off the cold, and was on my way to uni within around twenty minutes.

The day stayed steadily slightly rubbish, until after my last class. We each had a meeting with our tutor to discuss our most recent piece of coursework, and I was feeling slightly awkward. The piece in question I wrote when I was going through a particularly stressful patch in the first term, and didn't actually manage to finish because I couldn't find any resources in our library. So, naturally, I thought she'd chew me out, and tell me it was shite. She was actually really sympathetic and concerned, which threw me slightly. She said she saw potential, and said I seemed to understand the topic... and passed me. Which is good!

After, I got to see my lovely Canadian friend, Tanya, which was definitely a load of fun. While we were hanging out, we bumped into another old friend, which was brilliant as I haven't seen her in ages!

On the subject of motivation, I actually made a list of things I intend to do. Whether I'll stick to it (or even look at it again) is another matter entirely. I have high hopes, however! Maybe I'll manage it, maybe I won't. Trying gives me a few points, at least!

Back to uni tomorrow for another early morning. Wondering if my plan for a study day with my friend Kelly will actually go ahead. Or whether we'll end up just chatting to Rhi and Clee for the entire time. Also, I'm wearing heels for the first time in ages, screw the weather. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment