Monday 15 February 2010

That's when I realised...

I'm a procrastinator.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be incredibly active, and do many different things. But somehow I always end up sat on my arse. Which isn't helpful when I start boredom eating. That leads to needing to pull the "Fat girl angle shot" whenever I'm in a picture. Fail.

So, I'm in my second term of my first year at Uni. My first term started very well, I did all of the reading, and kept up with the textbooks. And then after the Christmas holidays, my motivation kind of died. Now, I haven't done any of the reading I'm supposed to be doing, I've missed classes through oversleeping and generally feeling so miserable that I couldn't bare to face seminars. I must have the kind of face that looks knowledgeable, because they always ask me questions. Fuck off and ask someone who isn't hanging over their desk, trying to will themselves into a coma.

I barely did enough work for the first few pieces of coursework I was given, and I'm fearing a pattern of procrastination has emerged. Don't you just hate it when that happens? Trying to motivate myself hasn't worked so far. I just end up sat in front of my computer, looking at Facebook, eBay, Fmylife.com, and generally taking the "ignore it and it'll go away... eventually." stance.

This is a perfectly fine view to take. Unless it's related to something like university. I don't want thousands of pounds of debt, only to drop out because I couldn't be arsed to do the work! It's not like the work is even that difficult, I just can't actually be bothered. I haven't touched my textbooks for this term, for the same reason. HELP.

Still, things aren't all bad. Finally put a deposit down on a studio flat for next year! This is a very good thing, as my boyfriend and I are currently living in my parents' dining room that has been turned into a bedsit of sorts. My mother wants her dining room back, I want to get the hell out, so the fact that we secured this place is a very good thing. Let's just hope I can try to make myself into a better organised and more motivated woman by then. Or, well... I'm fucked. ^^

~Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment