Thursday 18 February 2010

Progress! (Kind of)


I actually managed to get some studying done today, which is definitely an achievement! I procrastinated for most of today, but managed to get in at least a small session. Considering how unmotivated I've been lately, I'll take what I can get! I did realise that I needed some books from the library before I could actually study for half of my modules, though. Still, it gave me time to cement some things in my mind.

Morphology is a really interesting subject, but it can really send you to sleep sometimes. My lecture yesterday was an example of this. Learning about affixes, compounds and other things. I remember affixes and compounds, but the rest I kind of daydreamed through while taking notes on autopilot. I suppose I'm lucky to be able to do that. I can pay no attention whatsoever to the lecturer, and still manage to make all the notes I need. Which is useful when in the middle of a lecture I'd fall asleep in the middle of, should I actually listen.

On a somewhat related note, my sister started a distance learning course recently. She did one on Creative Writing last year, but this time she's doing Criminology. She's always been interested in it, so I'm glad she's finally able to do it.

I'm starting to really long for the little studio flat we'll be moving into in September. There are so many of us in one house, it's hard to find quiet at most times of the day and evening. At least when my boyfriend is at university I'd have my solitude. It makes studying easier, because no one can distract me. Which is most of my problem. I tend to whine to people about studying, rather than just getting on with it. Still, not long to go, really.

Really need to start sleeping more...

~Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment